Sam Soper is a self-taught fine artist and illustrator based out of Austin, Texas. Her go-to mediums are pen & ink and watercolor, though she dabbles in propellants (airbrush and spray paint), digital painting, vector illustration, and 3D modeling from time to time. Additionally, she’s created a few figures out of polymer clay with acrylic paint detailing.
Her style lies somewhere between pop surrealism, sci-fi/fantasy concept art, and technical/scientific illustration. Inspired by the wonders of the natural world, Sam strives to make parts of her work an educational dive into zoography by incorporating vibrant color palettes and unique physical attributes within the plant and animal kingdoms.
- born 1987 in New Orleans
- spent 1997-2005 in Huffman, on the outskirts of NE Houston
- Austin resident since 2005
- Aries ♈
- has a cat, St. Pierre Stephan, and a black moor goldfish, Go-Go-Go
- graduated from college in 3.5 years
- non-art interests include:
- nature walks
- cute animals